The Fujimori group in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology at University of California San Francisco is seeking a highly motivated and innovative scientist with a background in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or chemical biology to join our chemical biology research group. The postdoctoral scholar will contribute to our research on development of novel classes of small molecule inhibitors of histone demethylases, a family of epigenetic enzymes, and their testing in enzymatic inhibition assays.
• This position requires robust training and expertise in organic synthesis
• A significant interest in discovery and optimization of small molecule inhibitors and understanding issues of potency, selectivity and mode of inhibition is required
• Primary responsibilities will include the synthesis of small molecules based on already existing docking screen, evaluation of potency and selectivity, followed by subsequent iterative design, synthesis and assessment of derivatives.
• The successful candidate is expected to function with a high degree of independence, but will also be required to work collaboratively with other members of the team
• We are looking for a resourceful scientist with a strong dedication to scientific excellence and a desire to develop and advance discovery of chemical tools for epigenetic targets
• A Ph.D. in chemistry or chemical biology, with a strong record of accomplishments and publications
• The position requires the ability to think critically and creatively, as well as to effectively communicate
Please send your CV, cover letter and names and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please include a statement about what interests you in our lab, and your career goals and objectives.